Doomed project: Ginger jeans update

Well. I don’t think I’ve ever had a project have so many problems. I’m tempted to give up but at the same time I have a small stubborn streak that tells me to keep going. 

First up I cut the back legs crossgrain so I recut them after painstakingly measuring the grainline from the selvedge. Then after it had taken me 2 weeks to cut all the pieces out I realised I had two right legs – I hadn’t flipped the pattern piece over! 
Then after ordering more fabric I realised that the length wasn’t long enough! I ended up cutting both legs on the cross grain which means it’s not as stretchy. Doh!!
So far I’ve got the pockets sewn up, I tried to sew the coin pocket but it’s too many layers for my sewing machine to sew through. 
I’m starting(!) to think this project is doomed.